Assistant to CEO/Executive Director (part-time)
The SCA is looking to hire a part-time assistant to the CEO/Executive Director. The position is expected to require 20-35 hours per month, most of which allows for complete scheduling flexibility.
- CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Provides a wide range of administrative/office support, working independently with minimal supervision, to the CEO/Executive Director. Interacts with members of the Board of Directors, committees and their chairs, and the members at large. Assigned responsibilities will range from office support duties to meeting planning and website content management. Required working hours 6:15am – 9:15am, typically on the first Wednesday of every month for the General Membership Meeting. Most other working hours, from office and/or home to be mutually agreed upon.
- RESPONSIBILITIES – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs all administrative tasks required to efficiently and effectively support the Executive Director.
- Performs administrative functions including developing and preparing written correspondence. Responds to routine external correspondence as directed by the Executive Director.
- Actively participates in monthly General Membership Meeting (GMM) including meeting setup, member check in, and various support duties.
- Maintains website content and social media engagement and opportunities.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director – Drafts agendas, schedules, notices, and minutes of the various committee and Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Maintains a well-organized filing system securing confidential documents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Prepares monthly dues renewal invoices and associated communication. Monitors A/R and communicates with members to minimize past due balances.
- Attend up to 10 SCA events per year providing various support duties.
- Participates in and supports various SCA committees.
- Travels between locations to perform various functions of the job.
- Performs other related functions delegated or assigned in the capacity as an executive assistant.
- NOTE: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of the CEO/Executive Director and/or the Executive Committee, either orally or in writing.
- Experience supporting and/or serving as an assistant to Senior Manager in a professional working environment.
- Must have organizational, time and project management skills including the ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously, within time and budgetary guidelines.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, and to build and manage relationships with all members, Board of Directors, government officials, major supporters and others within the community.
- Should possess demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Quickbooks, WordPress and web-based research and/or comparable database management and software packages.
- Active understanding of various social media opportunities and effective use and management of those platforms.
- Valid driver license, adequate auto insurance, reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While some work may be completed at Assistants personal residence, the primary work environment is in an upstairs office environment with overhead lighting and exposure to minimal noise levels. Requires standing, sitting and walking intermittently; repetitive finger movements with regular computer use; limited bending/stooping; and occasional vehicle travel to various meeting locations, typically within 15 miles of downtown Santa Rosa.