Applications are being accepted for round 2 of the Sonoma County Alliance Small Business Grant Opportunity Fund.
The purpose of the program is to support the rejuvenation and growth of the Sonoma County community, prioritizing business owners who traditionally lack access to capital.
Grants between $1,000-$5,000 will be awarded to local businesses looking to make a capital investment for their future.
In 2022, we awarded funds to the following recipients:
- $5,000 Encore Dance Studio, Cloverdale for facility renovation and expansion/scholarships for students
- $2,000 Bodega Country Store, Bodega to Expand inventory
- $2,000 Temple Massage, Cazadero to Engage schools/mental health for drug-free pain solution
- $2,000 Ryan Design, Graton to hire consultant to transition to on-line work platform
- $2,000 Soul Works, Santa Rosa to Expand care to home bound with care packages for needy
Learn More about the Small Business Grants Program
Sonoma County Alliance believes that Small Business Owners are the fabric of Sonoma County. As diverse as our citizens themselves, entrepreneurs ensure jobs, community impact and essential services. Through fires, floods and a pandemic, we must ensure both their survival and their growth. Access to capital is the greatest challenge facing small business owners today. This goes beyond the pandemic and their ability to recover from those lasting impacts.
That is why the Sonoma County Alliance launched a small business grant program in 2022. Now in its second year, we are committed to continue to prioritize business owners who traditionally lack access to capital and have strong business plans for their future.
Our goal, collectively with members, is to deploy a minimum of $30,000 annually in the form of $1,000 - $5,000 grants to businesses in Sonoma County with under 25 employees. All for profit small businesses may apply. In partnership with the social enterprise, Hello Alice, every applicant will receive resources and mentorship through their free platform whether they get funding or not.